.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dream Weaver

The book is now open! Welcome to my dream world where all my dark secrets and madness are revealed...

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Dating

(My dream journal dated 4 October 2004)

I am dating my current husband. In China.

He is a tall, thin, handsome young Westerner. He lives in Hong Kong.

One day he invites me to visit his apartment in Hong Kong for the first time. I am very curious to find out what kind of life he lives in Hong Kong as I live in mainland China and have never been to Hong Kong.

We are walking on a crowded street. He holds my hands tight as if if he doesn’t do that he would lose me in the crowds.

There is a baby/toddler. For some reason we follow him and chase him. But he walks extremely fast and we can hardly keep up with him, especially in the crowded street. We lose him a few times and then find him again. Finally we have done a circle and the toddler comes home to his parents. My husband and I say to the parents: we have never seen a toddler walking so fast! His parents agreed.

We have arrived at the edge of a fault-line. There is a rift of around one meter wide between the two plates. We take a look in the rift. It is deep - so deep that you cannot see the bottom of it. We have to jump across the rift to reach the other plate. If we don’t jump through, we will fall into the core of the earth.

It is scary!

Although the rift is about one-metre wide and under normal circumstances I would have no problem jumping through, the thought of falling into the core of the earth imposes huge barriers in my minds. My husband has long legs. He jumps through and lands on the other side. He demonstrates to me that it is not that a difficult job. Encouraged by him, I take a deep breath. Like doing a long-distance jump, I jump through also.

We have almost arrived in front of his apartment building. But we can’t get in. Why? There is a flood. The flood is so bad that it is chest high. He is virtually swimming trying to get to the security door of the building. But the flood makes it very hard for him. He is struggling. And his clothes are washed away as I watch him.

He must have somehow reached his mailbox and checked his mail. When he is able to return to me, he tells me that he can’t take me to his apartment because of the flood. Also he has just found that he has lost his job.

“Never mind!” I said to him. “You can now move in with me!”

I take him to my small apartment. It is not luxurious, but it has basic furniture. It is safe and cosy enough for us.

...............................

The following is my dream interpretation afterwards:

It is obvious what this dream is about.

It reflects what happened to me recently and the journey I went through with my husband.

The flood, losing apartment and job indicates that life is unpredictable and always surprises us. Misfortune happens beyond our control, like the operations I had to go through recently.

The fast walking toddler is a reflection of what we want in life - baby. However, despite we got close, we did not catch it eventually. It's beyond reach.

The rift between the plates shows my fear. Although it is a small gap to stride across safely, I was fearful that I might fall into the darkness and not make it.

Of course, despite flood, losing job and apartment, not catching the toddler... all is not lost and there is a happy ending: we still have each other at the end of the journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home