.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dream Weaver

The book is now open! Welcome to my dream world where all my dark secrets and madness are revealed...

Friday, November 18, 2005

Injured Bird

I had some interesting dreams both last night and the night before. Let me start with the dream I woke up this morning first.

Hubby and I are out on a street, walking. Although the whole place looks like a small town in New Zealand, the moderate crowdedness actually makes it kind of like a small town in Asia. However, the place is very clean. We have to walk through a few concrete stairs to get to an upper level. When we get to the upper level we turn left and find a corner shop. We walk in. Hubby finds a table and sits down. The shop is like the ones in Hong Kong- very small but very neat and they serve good snack food with a combination of Asian and Western style. Hubby orders a big Kiwi Breakfast – sausages, eggs & toast. He asks me what I would like to have.

I am not in the mood to order anything. As a matter of fact, I don’t even pay any attention to what’s on the menu. With my mind on something else I tell him to get me a Danish and a hot chocolate drink made with soy milk. I say to him that I must go home to check on something.

When I get home, I find an injured bird. The bird has no wings and no feathers – just a bare body. It appears someone has ripped its wings and feathers off. The wings and feathers are actually on the floor, not too away from the body.

I feel terribly sorry for the bird. I want to save it but not sure how. At that time my childhood neighbour, Lee, happens to walk past by. I stop him and ask him if he thinks the bird is going to survive. He would be five or six years older than me. He tells me no.

This is all that I can remember although there must be much more.

Now coming back to the dream I had the night before.

It is very early in the morning. I leave home for work. It’s somewhat foggy and dark. As I walk past a village (the village has a big gate and a spacious concrete ground in front of the gate), one man beside a van stops me and asks: “hey Ella haven’t you applied for a job in my company? Would you like to have a quick interview with me before I go to work?”

He is a very tall, thin man. I have a peep in his van and see many cameras and studio gadgets. Apparently he is one of the two co-owners of a TV production company. I am a little confused and feel strange as I don’t think I know him. Neither do I remember that I have applied for a job in this company.

I can’t remember what I say to him but obviously I must have agreed to have this interview with him as he brings out a notebook from his van and asks me some interview questions from the notebook. I answer the questions. I don’t feel anxious or enthusiastic. I think the correct way to put would be: I go through the motions but not emotions.

When we have finished the questions and answers, he tells me that he has to leave but would let his colleague to take over the rest of the interview. I now begin to notice that his colleague, also a tall, thin man with very similar style is standing beside us…

I don’t remember the rest of the dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home