.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dream Weaver

The book is now open! Welcome to my dream world where all my dark secrets and madness are revealed...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

A Poetry Recital

(My dream journal dated 6 October 2004)

A poetry recital was to take place at the University, where poetry fans would have an opportunity to exchange their poems as well as the general audiences.

I had written a poem. I was very pleased with the poem I wrote. It was a one-page poem, not too long, and not too short. The reason I was extremely pleased and proud of it was that it was dedicated to my bother. When you poured your heart into writing something, you just knew that it was a great piece of work, regardless how others would judge.

Although it appeared I had plenty of time to write it and prepare for the recital, the night was fast approaching. I was getting ready for my recital in my dormitory. Although there were no rules that I needed to recite my poem without referring to notes, I wish I could. And because I did not feel I could do it, I was a bit panicking.

When it was my turn to present my poem, I was in the middle of the University hall where there were several thousands of people. I stood up and started my recital but it seemed I got stuck and had to clear my throat. I was a little nervous when I first heard my voice which seemed to echo in the big hall and I could not believe that I was speaking in front of such a big audience. But once I got myself into it, I forgot about the audience, the hall, and everything. All I could remember was my poem, and my emotions in it. The emotions were the same as the ones I had during the process of writing. I discovered that after all, I was able finish the recital without having to refer to my notes.

It was kind of strange as I didn’t think I could do it, without feeling nervous and without referring to my notes. Somehow I did it and it felt great. It was not as difficult and impossible as I had thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home